Everyone Should Watch Netflix’s Queer Eye

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

The other day I was listening to my favorite podcast Buzzfeed’s Adult Sh1t with Kelsey Darragh and Kate Peterman and they kept talking about a Netflix show called Queer Eye. Honestly, I was too invested in binge-watching America’s Next Top Model to even consider watching this show they suggested. Then a couple of episodes later they interviewed one of the guys from the show, Tan France, and it was the funniest and most relatable thing I think I ever heard.

Two minutes later, after finishing the podcast, I was on my couch watching the first episode. I totally and utterly fell in love with this show. I finished the entire season in a day! In every episode, I laughed, cried, and was inspired by these men and how they were helping people.

The whole premise of the show is 5 gay men in Atlanta, Georgia helping mostly straight men with fixing things such as their appearance, lifestyle, and confidence. They also touch on topics like self-care, police brutality, and acceptance of the gay community in the South.

It is so beautiful to watch people helping other people with becoming more confident and achieve their goals. Also, these group of men was able to expose a whole group of people to the gay community in a fun and loving way which caused a positive change in their lives.

So please just go and see one episode and you too will fall in love with them.

P.S. Tan, Karamo, Bobby, Antoni, and Jonathan if you somehow read this please be my friend. I love you guys!  

[Photos courtesy of Google Images and gifs courtesy of giphy.com]

Julie is a positive senior from the University of North Carolina Wilmington. She is an inspiring travel journalist who is double majoring in Communication Studies and International Studies along with having a minor in Spanish. With a lot on her plate you can always catch her in the library or stress knitting in her apartment while bing-watching "Queer Eye" or "Parks and Rec".