This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name : Conor McClelland

Hometown : Sydney, Australia

Year : Junior

Major : Communication Studies

Relationship  Status:  Single and ready to mingle

Conor is studying abroad from Australia this semester and is having the time of his life in America. His friends describe him as an extremely sweet guy with an awesome sense of humor, who is chock-full of swag. Read on to find out more about the (arguably) most lovable Australian on campus this semester!

HC: What’s been your most awkward moment at UNCW so far?

CM: The most awkward moment would have to be my second day on campus. I saw a really cute girl walking towards me. As she got closer I hear her say “omg hi.” I reply “hi” back, not knowing she was talking to someone on the phone with headphones in. She then gave me a piercing, judgmental look that shattered my heart into one-million pieces.

HC: Describe a perfect date for you.

CM: Generally, something low-key. I enjoy the simple things, like a casual dinner and movie or seeing the array of live music that downtown Wilmington has to offer.

HC: What’s your favorite thing about being a student at UNCW?

CM: Definitely the friendly feel of the campus. I’ve never been anywhere where the people are generally so kind and willing to help. It was a very pleasant surprise.

HC: Favorite Quote?

CM: “A thing of beauty is a joy forever.” – John Keats

HC: Any hobbies?

CM: I play soccer and follow various leagues around the world. I love to read books of all sorts, ranging from Stephen King’s latest horror show, to the unique prose of Romantic era writers, John Keats and Samuel Coleridge.

HC: What’s your favorite thing about America so far?

CM: The sheer size of the place. Organizing what long weekend getaways and post-semester trips to embark on, is proving to be impossible. There are just so many activities!

HC: If you were a member of N’ SYNC, who would you be?

CM: Are they still a thing? But I would have to say J.T!

HC: If you were a Disney Princess, which would you be and why?

CM: Snow White, definitely Snow White. Having 12 tiny little men to accommodate me on a daily basis would be awesome. I’ll just have to make sure I dodge the poison apples.

Asia Francine Butler, known amongst her friends as "The Last of the Time Lords" is a professional student for the University of North Carolina Wilmington. After receiveing her International Baccalaureate Diploma in December of 2013 and being immersed in the friendly and lively atmosphere of UNCW, she decided to pursue a variety of interests, including, but not limited to writing for both Her Campus UNCW and Cape Fear Living Magazine, acting as an Orientation Leader for the International Students, being a Conversation Partner for the English as a Second Language students at UNCW, being a Peer Mentor for incoming International Students, and being a Historian in the Seahawk Crossing for the Residence Hall Association, being a Brother of the academic National Honors Fraternity, Phi Sigma Pi, and being a member of Sigma Alpha Lambda's honors society. She writes at least four articles a month, two for Her Campus UNCW and two for Cape Fear Living Mgazine, and has positively affected the lives of hundreds of international exchange students and UNCW students. Furthermore, she have positively affected and engaged in the lives of many people in the North Carolina community through volunteering with Habitat for Humanity UNCW, UNC Weekends, Burrito Bikers, and playing intramural soccer. Although she has a passion for writing, she is enrolled as a history major in the University of North Carolina Wilmington in preparation for entering law school in the Fall of 2016. While she enjoys temporarily living at the beach for most of her college career, her heart lies with her two adorable German Shepherds, Mitch and Maple along with the loving Butler parents and her two creative and beautiful younger sisters in Greensboro, North Carolina.