Claire Johnson, Campus Cutie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name: Claire Taylor Johnson

Age: 21

Major: Communication Studies

Minor: Journalism

Year: Senior

Hometown: Benson, North Carolina

Relationship Status: Single

Claire Johnson is the only person I know who can light up a room with just a couple of words! Her kind heart, southern draw and unique personality, easily makes her one great friend. Read on to hear about one great gal!

HC: As a senior, describe one of your most memorable memories at UNCW thus far. 

CJ: Living with my two best friends at Wrightsville Beach this year has definitely brought me some of the best memories so far. There is never a dull moment and always lots of laughs, and I can’t believe it’s almost over.

HC: What advice would you tell to freshmen you?

CJ: To be unapologetically yourself. College is a time to figure out the kind of person you want to be and have the opportunity to make that happen, and all of that will come easier and you will be happier if you never let criticism or the fear of feeling inferior overshadow the awesome person you are. 

HC: What are your plans for when you graduate?

CJ: My highly specialized team and I will be stationed in Cuba for an extremely classified mission.

HC: What is your spirit Animal?

CJ: I don’t really know what they do because they live in the desert of South Africa, but they are immune to venom and they have unique stripes which is pretty dope. Multiple people also told me I look like a meerkat, so I guess it’s time to embrace it. 

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

CJ: Oh my gosh, Reese Witherspoon. It’s a little scary how much I know about her, but she is the perfect mix of adorable and sexy, classy and fun, and southern… of course. And not to mention she said, “Do you know who I am?” to the cops when she got a DUI. Definitely a meerkat. 

[Photo Credit: Claire Johnson]