This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Claira is a Senior at UNCW, studying Communication Studies, and aspiring to become a graphic designer after graduation. Her style is very versatile and she’s always on the look out for the latest trends.

1. How would you describe your style?

I like mixing girly and tomboy pieces, and I tend to look to the 90s for inspiration but I believe my style is always changing– I love trying new trends. I think comfort is huge and feel more comfortable in loose fitting clothes but I do love my body so every once in a while, when I’m feeling it, I like to wear figure hugging clothes like skinny jeans or a tube top.

2. Does anything/anyone inspire your sense of style?

I love the effortless and edgy style of Rihanna and Dua Lipa. I like watching runways shows to see all the new styles and patterns from the big designer brands and figuring out ways I can incorporate these trends into my own clothing. 

3. What are your favorite stores to shop at?

My favorite thing to do is thrift shop. There is something so gratifying about uncovering an awesome, one-of-a-kind jacket or pair of jeans. I mix stuff I find from second hand stores with clothes from Free People, Urban Outfitters, or Zara. 

4. Do you have a  “go-to” piece you can’t live without?

One really nice pair of jeans. I wear jeans so much and instead of buying multiple jeans that stretch out or fade I splurge on one pair that fits really well and will last. My go to brand is Rag & Bone.

5. What is your favorite clothing item?

My favorite clothing items are sneakers and fun pants. I love stripes and wear them so much I’ve been nicknamed Where’s Waldo. 

6. What season do you like to dress for the most?

I love the easiness of summer and the layers of fall so it would have to be a tie between the two.

[Photos courtesy of Lauren Esham]

Natalia Pavel is currently Senior at UNCW studying communication and digital art, hoping to pursue a career in marketing or graphic design. Her passions include graphic design and writing. She's always starting new projects, and gets inspiration from the beach where she resides during the school year. You will most likely find her with her computer working on Adobe InDesign at a local coffee shop.