This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Meet Abby Martin! She is a Senior majoring in Communication Studies with a minor in Journalism. Follow her on Instagram @_thelifeofgail_ to see more of her amazing outfits and inspiring posts!

First off, how would you describe your style?

My style has drastically changed over the years (it was a very interesting journey), but thankful for the process because it allowed me to express myself through each season of life. I would describe my current style as “Goodwill Chic.” Something that is simple but still has a little spice.

***TRANSPARENCY MOMENT***

Here is raw footage of my style from middle school to now:

Where does your style inspiration come from?

My current style inspiration comes from both California and Europe. I recently have been to both Sweden and Los Angeles where I fell in love with the simplicity of their style. I would say the majority of my outfits are a mix of both styles. The Swedish side of my closet consists of several neutral colored shirts and large oversized sweaters, while the L.A. side of my closet consists of a good denim jacket and wide brim hats.

Do you have any advice for people that want to step up their outfit/clothing game?

My best advice is to always wear an outfit that makes you feel the most confident and comfortable. I don’t view style as something that needs to be a competition. Instead, I view style as art. Through style, you are able to express who you truly are while inspiring others. I went through all of my middle school years and the majority of my high school years trying to figure out what my style (identity) was. I based it off of what others thought was popular and so I went along with the trends. However, I found my true self when I stepped away from the trends. I found true happiness and self-acceptance when I realized that my identity didn’t lie in a piece of clothing or what others thought of me. My true identity came from who I was created to be and who I am at my core. Who you are at your core is beautiful.

What is your go-to piece of clothing or accessory?

If I had to choose a go-to piece of clothing or accessory, it would either be one of my wide brim hats, a denim jacket, and my Chelsea boots!

Where are your favorite places to shop?

THE LOCAL GOODWILL!

I also love to shop at The Buffalo Exchange (a thrift store on the West Coast and in Charlotte), H&M (for most of my neutral t-shirts and jeans) and Plato’s Closet. If payday just happened and I’m looking to treat myself, Madewell and Target are some of my other go-to stores.

Is anything other fun fact or quote you want to share?

FUN FACT: I have a slight obsession with La Croix and coffee, and I’m currently in the process of finding someone to go skydiving with (this could be you).

Also, I’m running for Homecoming Court this year, so keep an eye out for me when voting opens!

QUOTE: Love others so radically that they wonder why!

[Photos courtesy of Abby Martin]

Julie is a positive senior from the University of North Carolina Wilmington. She is an inspiring travel journalist who is double majoring in Communication Studies and International Studies along with having a minor in Spanish. With a lot on her plate you can always catch her in the library or stress knitting in her apartment while bing-watching "Queer Eye" or "Parks and Rec".