Campus Cutie: Tommy Braunsteiner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name: Tommy Braunsteiner

Age: 20

Major(s): Biology (Double minor in Chemistry and Neuroscience)

Year: Junior

Relationship status: Single

Favorite Food: Pasta. Next Question. 

Favorite artist/band: Well, I have a lot. Favorite Bands and Artists.

Band Wise my top three are: Nightly, Greta Van Fleet, and Silent Planet. Favorite artists…probably NF, J. Cole, Post Malone, John Guerra, John Givez, and Kendrick Lamar.

Dream job: Neuroradiology, although low key would love to be a SoundCloud rapper.

Perfect date:  The one with the perfect girl as my date. Nothing huge. Keep it simple. Mostly just snuggling and watching TV. Maybe a picnic at the beach.  

Favorite board game: Monopoly!!! Pizza, the boys, and five hours of monopoly during a rainy day…it’s a vibe!

Go-to TV Show: Black Mirror…so good… although probably not the best for a dating scenario…for that I guess Rick and Morty, The Office, or Parks and Rec

What are you involved with on campus?

Reformed University Fellowship and American Medical Student Association. I am also an SI Leader for BIO 240.

What made you choose pre-med?

Great Question. In my senior year of high school, I took an anatomy class because I knew I wanted to do something with science/health field, but I had no specific field in mind. As I learned how complex and well designed the human body is, I fell in love with it. And somehow it made sense, I was able to teach others anatomy, which made me love it even more.

If you are planning a movie marathon, what is on the list? Why?

Series: Star Wars or Marvel

Solo Movies: Interstellar, Get Out, Any movie directed by Christopher Nolan in general.

What is on your road trip playlist?

On road trips, I usually take the first shift of driving, and for that, I put on John Mayer and U2, just so I don’t wake up the folks while they get their last minutes of sleep. Once I’ve done my shift I just shuffle through my Spotify library.

What is one thing about you that surprises people?

Most people are surprised by my diversity and depth of music. Like I listen to everything! You name it, I listen to it. I used to not be the biggest fan of country and jazz, but recently I’ve found artists that I can like (Dan and Shay omgomgomg). Music is such critical part of me. I mean I spend a good chunk of my money going to concerts, and nine times out of ten you will see me on campus with my headphones in listening to music

Side note: sorry to people who have said hi to me on Chancellors and I don’t respond so it looks like I never knew you and you get like super embarrassed. I got my headphones in, can’t hear ya :/

Some people are also surprised by my sense of humor I guess. I think you just gotta have that to make it out here in this game.

Another thing people say about me is that I have a lot of energy. I have a few friends that call me a living noise complaint. So, read into that as much as ya want.

Any other fun facts you want to share about yourself?

*inserts twenty-page essay*

Jk here’s a couple

I’m an ISTJ (Myers-Brigg). I’m an Eagle Scout. I have not seen a full episode of “Friends”… yea I know.. that can change though.

[Photo courtesy of Tommy Braunsteiner]

Julie is a positive senior from the University of North Carolina Wilmington. She is an inspiring travel journalist who is double majoring in Communication Studies and International Studies along with having a minor in Spanish. With a lot on her plate you can always catch her in the library or stress knitting in her apartment while bing-watching "Queer Eye" or "Parks and Rec".