This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name: Scott Chesnutt

Major: Marketing Strategies (Minor in psychology)

Year: Junior

Age: 21

Relationship status: Single

Hometown: Benson, NC

Favorite movie: The Count of Monte Cristo

Favorite Netflix/Hulu show: The Office (duh)

Favorite food: Vanilla Yogurt w/ Chocolate Trail Mix

Favorite pastime: Playing basketball, playing piano, lifting weights, reading

Hero/someone you look up to: My parents (I can’t choose just one)

Her Campus: What are you involved with on campus?

Scott Chesnutt: Transition Programs, Reformed University Fellowship (RUF)

HC: What was your favorite thing about being an OL?

SC: My favorite thing about being an OL was being able to help freshmen get transitioned into college. Going to college can be very overwhelming; I was happy to be able to show them that the next 4 years is going to be a great experience, especially since they chose UNCW. It’s so cool being able to see the students I interacted with at orientation on campus finally living the college life they were so anxious to have in June.

HC: Describe your dream job

SC: I want to be able to help students achieve their goals. After working orientation, I really think it’s my calling to be a counselor of some kind for young people. Whether that be a high school guidance counselor, or opening up my own practice to help guide the youth on where they want to be in life and how they can get there. If I can help other people be successful, then I will feel successful.

HC: Describe your dream date

SC: Hiking to the top of a mountain and having lunch while looking out at God’s creation. It’s cliche but have you ever seen the view from the top of a mountain? It’s freaking beautiful.

HC: What is your road trip playlist?

SC: The Hamilton soundtrack.

[Photos courtesy of Scott Chesnutt]

Julie is a positive senior from the University of North Carolina Wilmington. She is an inspiring travel journalist who is double majoring in Communication Studies and International Studies along with having a minor in Spanish. With a lot on her plate you can always catch her in the library or stress knitting in her apartment while bing-watching "Queer Eye" or "Parks and Rec".