Campus Cutie, Sarah Carroll

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.
  • Name: Sarah Carroll

Year: Freshman

Major: Marine Biology

Hometown: Wilson, N.C.

Relationship Status: Single

Say hello to our Campus Cutie Sarah Carroll. She’s an adorable, quirky freshman who is in love with soccer and enjoys hanging out with her friends. In the fall, she will be a mentor for international students in addition to being a volunteer for international student orientations and a conversation partner for international students. She’s described by her friends as lovable and adventurous. Continue reading to see why!

HC:What’s your favorite thing about being a student at UNCW?

Besides the beach, my favorite thing about being a student at UNCW is all of the wonderful people that I have had the opportunity to meet. The people that I have had the good fortune of befriending are amazing, and UNCW definitely would not be the same without them.

HC:Campus Involvement?

Flyest Flock of Screaming Seahawks, Honors Society Association and Intramural Soccer.

HC:Hobbies?

SOCCER! Surfing and horseback riding.

HC:Favorite Quote?

“Lift up your head princess, if not, the crown falls.”

HC:If your life was a 90’s rap group, what would it be called?

Beastie Boys.

HC:If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

This is a hard question, because I would want to go somewhere that I could visit my international friends. However, putting that aside, I would have to say Australia.

HC:Why would you go there?

I have always wanted to go there, because it is gorgeous, and the people there have cool accents. Not to mention, I’m majoring in Marine Biology, so it makes sense.

HC:What qualities do you look for in a guy?

In a guy, I look for someone who is cute, a gentleman and knows how to have a good time (I also may have a preference for soccer players!).

HC:Perfect Date?

A perfect date would just be being able to spend time with someone that I like and whose company I enjoy.

HC:Woman Celebrity Crush?

Emma Watson.

HC:What’s been your most awkward moment at UNCW so far?

It’s hard to say what my most awkward moment at UNCW has been so far, but a close first would be when one of my guy friends accidentally groped me while I was making eye contact with my future roommate’s dad. Either that, or the time a drunk guy that I barely knew came up to me and recited my ask bio.

Asia Francine Butler, known amongst her friends as "The Last of the Time Lords" is a professional student for the University of North Carolina Wilmington. After receiveing her International Baccalaureate Diploma in December of 2013 and being immersed in the friendly and lively atmosphere of UNCW, she decided to pursue a variety of interests, including, but not limited to writing for both Her Campus UNCW and Cape Fear Living Magazine, acting as an Orientation Leader for the International Students, being a Conversation Partner for the English as a Second Language students at UNCW, being a Peer Mentor for incoming International Students, and being a Historian in the Seahawk Crossing for the Residence Hall Association, being a Brother of the academic National Honors Fraternity, Phi Sigma Pi, and being a member of Sigma Alpha Lambda's honors society. She writes at least four articles a month, two for Her Campus UNCW and two for Cape Fear Living Mgazine, and has positively affected the lives of hundreds of international exchange students and UNCW students. Furthermore, she have positively affected and engaged in the lives of many people in the North Carolina community through volunteering with Habitat for Humanity UNCW, UNC Weekends, Burrito Bikers, and playing intramural soccer. Although she has a passion for writing, she is enrolled as a history major in the University of North Carolina Wilmington in preparation for entering law school in the Fall of 2016. While she enjoys temporarily living at the beach for most of her college career, her heart lies with her two adorable German Shepherds, Mitch and Maple along with the loving Butler parents and her two creative and beautiful younger sisters in Greensboro, North Carolina.