Campus Cutie, Pamela Arellano

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name: Pamela Arellano

Year: Junior

Hometown: Veracruz, Mexico

Major: Art History

Relationship Status: Single

For those who know Pamela Arellano, you know there’s never a dull moment. She enjoys hanging out with friends, listening to music and dancing. Pamela can speak Spanish, some French, a little bit of Italian, and is currently learning German. She will be studying abroad in Germany next semester, but don’t let that stop you from getting to know her!

HC: What activities are you involved in on campus?

I tried being involved on campus by joining MUNA, but it conflicted with my class schedule. When I come back from studying abroad, I will probably join the upcoming Art history club.

HC: Who are the most influential people in your life?

My family has definitely taught me how to be an independent and strong individual. My mother is very hard working, my father is smart and my older sister is an over achiever, which I really admire. Also, unique people that aren’t afraid to stand out have always inspired me!

HC: What is your favorite quote?

“You will always be rich if you have more than you spend.”

HC: If you could have lunch with anyone (dead or alive), who would it be?

I’d love to have lunch with Vincent van Gogh. He seems really strange, and I would really like to know what he thought about.

HC: Describe your ideal first date?

Really good dinner or coffee and a walk around together somewhere.

HC: What is your favorite movie:

I have a lot of favorite movies for different categories, but Pride and Prejudice is definitely one. I don’t get sick looking at because the cinematography is so beautiful!

HC: What qualities do you look for in a guy?

I like guys that are smart and funny. Someone who is open minded about different cultures, likes to travel and isn’t afraid to be themselves.

HC: Biggest turn-off in a guy?

Being a disrespectful human being and not saying “thank you” or having common curiosity, will definitely turn me off. Also, being disrespectful to animals, women and the environment.

HC: What is your most awkward moment?

One time I got stuck in a water closet in France, and they had to use an axe to get me out.

HC: Describe yourself in three words.

Different, smart and funny.

HC: What’s your most memorable moment at UNCW so far?

I had a great time at Wagsgiving this semester. It was my first experience. I loved the communal environment, the food was great and it was fun to mingle with other UNCW students!