Campus Cutie: Miranda Florkowski

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name: Miranda Florkowski

Age: 19

Year: Sophomore

Major: Business Management

Hometown: Goshen, New York

Relationship Status: Single

Fun Facts

Favorite Candy: Forget about candy, it’s all about that ice cream.

Dream Vacation: My dream vacation would be a cruise around the world.

Favorite TV show: New Girl.

Dream Sunday afternoon: Hmm… I would say walking around downtown and going to a local coffee shop. Then spending the rest of the afternoon at the beach.

Favorite Movie: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2! The puns are the best!

Dream First Date:  I think it would have to be some kind of food festival or going to an amusement park where you can laugh and have fun without being nervous. 

Favorite Starbucks drink: Mint Mocha Frappe.

Her Campus: Describe your dream job and house. 

Miranda Florkowski: My dream job would be owning a resort in a beach-y area and then having another place in a mountain area. I would love to manage the resorts and help run events being held at the resorts. My dream house would be a house with a log cabin kind of feel. It would have some old quirks with some new features. I definitely want a house with a fireplace and a functional, decent sized kitchen (Probably because my roommates and I have no counter space and run into each other all the time). I also want to have a big back yard with trees big enough to have a swing on at least one of them…. A gazebo would be cool, too.

HC: What are you involved with on campus? 

MF: I am involved in a few things on campus. I’m in the stand-up paddleboard club and have recently joined Spoon UNCW. I am also a brother of Phi Sigma Pi national honors fraternity. I’m a part of the Student Advisory Board for Campus Recreation too.

HC: Describe your dream date.

MF: This is tricky. I think my dream date would be doing something adventurous together (even if it is something like kayaking or going to a zoo) and then ending the date with getting fries and a milkshake.

HC: What would be your perfect concert lineup and why?

MF: This will be one interesting concert. I should probably just make a music festival. Walk The Moon, Young The Giant, Dirty Heads, COIN, Miley Cyrus, Ed Sheeran, Sam Hunt, Thomas Rhett. These are people I would love to see in concert one day so I figured I might as well have them all at one. This concert would have to start in the morning and go all day but it would be worth it.

[Photos Courtesy of Miranda]

Julie is a positive senior from the University of North Carolina Wilmington. She is an inspiring travel journalist who is double majoring in Communication Studies and International Studies along with having a minor in Spanish. With a lot on her plate you can always catch her in the library or stress knitting in her apartment while bing-watching "Queer Eye" or "Parks and Rec".