This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name: Luke Matheney

Major: Communication Studies

Minor: Spanish

Hometown: Shelby, N.C.

Age: 20

Relationship Status: Single

Luke Matheney is outgoing, personable and athletic. His great personality combined with his undeniably smart sense of style makes him a great catch. When he is not working at the student rec center, Luke likes to spend his time hanging out on the beach with friends or playing with his dog Boone. Luke is a very well-rounded person that anyone would be lucky to get the chance to meet!

HC: What do you like to do in your free time?

LM: In my free time, I enjoy running, spending time with friends and family and hanging out at the beach.

HC: What do you want to do with your major?

LM: I hope to one day own my own public relations firm and work closely with advertisement agencies to help promote non-profit organizations. I also want to write a book sometime in my professional career.

HC: What is your ideal date?

LM: My ideal date would be pretty simple; a nice dinner (preferably Italian or Mexican), a walk on the beach (cliché I know), and maybe a funny movie to end the night.

HC: Why did you choose to come to UNCW?

LM: I chose UNCW for a few reasons. Obviously the location was a huge plus. I absolutely love the beach and downtown Wilmington. I also love the laid-back lifestyle and open-minded community. Finally, the emphasis put on fitness at the school is really refreshing. I love not being the only one running around campus on a beautiful afternoon.

HC: What is your favorite thing about being single?

LM: My favorite thing about being single is the freedom to dedicate as much of my time to do anything I want. I like being able to make last minute trips to visit family and friends without the concern of needing to tell someone else.