Darius Melton at meeting on campus
Darius Melton at meeting on campus
Darius Melton
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name: Darius Melton 

Age: 21 years old

Hometown: Jacksonville, NC

Major: Creative Writing

Minor: None

Darius Melton in class
Darius Melton

Go-to Karaoke song: “Friends on the Other Side” from Disney’s “Princess and The Frog”

Favorite food/meal: Shrimp tempura

Favorite book: “Me and Earl and the Dying Girl” by Jesse Andrews

Must have movie theater snacks: Strawberry Fanta and sour gummy worms

Darius Melton on campus
Darius Melton

Her Campus: What is your favorite part about UNCW? 

Darius Melton: I really like the opportunities to get involved with the campus and meet people. I’ve attended most ACE events, I was a member of seven clubs last semester, I got an internship out in town thanks to this school. Through all of these, I’ve met great people and had amazing experiences.

HC: What is your animal alter-ego? 

DM: You know those monkeys that wear little bellhop outfits and bang cymbals together in the streets for money? I think I’m one of those.

HC: What clubs/organizations are you involved at UNCW: 

DM: Currently, I am involved with The Seahawk, Japan Club, Screenwriter’s Club, and Campus Christian Fellowship on a regular basis, but I also occasionally attend Anime Club, Table Top, Technology and Gaming Club, and recently Improv Club.

HC: If you had a superpower what would it be and why? 

DM: I’d want stretching powers like Jake the Dog has in “Adventure Time.” I think it’s cool that his power is also a bunch of other powers: he can shrink, grow, shape-shift into items like keys and blowhorns. His power’s only limited by your creativity, which is right up my alley. 

[Photos courtesy of  Darius Melton]

Veronica is a senior majoring in Communication Studies and minoring in Journalism. After college Veronica hopes to write for a newspaper or magazine like The New York Times or Boston Globe. Outside of writing, Veronica enjoys riding her bike, hammocking, reading, volunteering, and cheering on the Cubs.