This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name: Danielle Rees 

Year: Sophomore

Major: Communication Studies

Hometown: Lived all over, but lived in Butner NC the longest. 

Instagram: @caffeinatedminds

Top 5 TV Shows: Shameless, How to Get Away With Murder, Good Girls, Friends, You

Go to ice cream flavor: Raspberry sorbet 

Favorite Jonas Brother: Nick Jonas 

Dream vacation: Costa Rica 

Favorite YouTuber: Jenna Marbles and Shane Dawson (can’t decide, they’re both so great).

Her Campus: When did you start at UNCW? What made you want to transfer to here?

Danielle Rees: I transferred here this semester from Wake Tech Community College. I fell in love with the campus when I toured UNCW. Another factored into why I chose this school is to get involved with the marine life. 

HC: What is your favorite thing to do in Wilmington?

DR: So far attending hockey games and exploring Downtown Wilmington.    

HC: What do you want to do after you graduate? What are your career goals/aspirations?

DR: After I graduate I hope to have a successful podcast. 

HC: If you can put together a music festival, what would be your lineup?

DR: The Paper Kites, Ben Howard, and The Lumineers

HC: Do you have any fun facts or any other stories you want to share?  

DR: I’m Mom to a loving dog and a living succulent and I like long walks on the beach. 

[Photos courtesy of Danielle Rees]

Julie is a positive senior from the University of North Carolina Wilmington. She is an inspiring travel journalist who is double majoring in Communication Studies and International Studies along with having a minor in Spanish. With a lot on her plate you can always catch her in the library or stress knitting in her apartment while bing-watching "Queer Eye" or "Parks and Rec".