This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name: Ceili Casadei

Year: Junior

Major: Biology, minor in Psychology

Hometown: Pittsboro, North Carolina

Instagram: @ceilik

Favorite candy: Twizzlers

Go-to Binge Show: New Girl

Favorite Animal: Turtles!

Hero/Someone you look up to: I look up to my mom. She is the hardest worker and has the biggest heart of anyone I’ve ever known. She inspires me every day!

Favorite breakfast item: Coffee! I couldn’t survive without it!

Her Campus: What are you involved with on campus?

Ceili Casadei: Since coming to UNCW I have been involved with so many incredible groups! I was a Seahawk Link for two years, and I have been in the Marine Mammal Stranding Program and Plastic Oceans Project since first semester freshman year. This semester, I am joining the new group called the Animal Rescue Club. I recently just became the treasurer for POP this semester, and I am so excited to get more involved with them! If anyone is looking to get more involved on campus, I could not recommend any of these more!

HC: What made you go to UNCW?

CC: Honestly, when applying to colleges I had my heart set on NC State, but I got wait-listed. I decided then to come to UNCW because it was my second choice. However, now that I have been here for three years and counting, I couldn’t imagine myself at any other school! I have made lifelong friends and gotten amazing opportunities here, and I am so thankful for it. Not to mention, I get to go to the beach whenever I want! What’s better than that? J

HC: What is your favorite memory of UNCW so far?

CC: My favorite memory of UNCW so far was getting to work as a puppy intern through the Paws4People foundation last year! Every day I got to take care of tiny, adorable puppies that would one day grow up to be service dogs for veterans and children with disabilities. Those puppies made every day a happy one. It was a dream come true!  

HC: Describe your dream job/plans for your future.

CC: My dream job is to have my own animal sanctuary that doubles as a camp. We would provide short-term care and rehabilitation to animals that can be released back into their environment, and long-term care to animals that cannot be reintroduced. We would also educate children, teens and adults about science through fun activities and workshops. It will take a lot of work and planning, but it is something I’m very passionate about!  

Thank you Ceili for being so active at UNCW and having a heart of gold for animals and our planet! 

[Photos courtesy of Ceili Casadei] 

Julie is a positive senior from the University of North Carolina Wilmington. She is an inspiring travel journalist who is double majoring in Communication Studies and International Studies along with having a minor in Spanish. With a lot on her plate you can always catch her in the library or stress knitting in her apartment while bing-watching "Queer Eye" or "Parks and Rec".