This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name: Blair Houtz

Year: Sophomore

HC: How old are you?

240 months, but still a baby at heart.

HC: Where are you from?

I am a country boy. Born and raised on a horse farm in Garner, North Carolina. However, I am also a kid from the big city. I was schooled in Raleigh at Cardinal Gibbons High School. I am a perfect mix; I’m like a rugged urban cowboy with a secretly sweet heart. And if there were a movie, I would be played by Colin Farrell if that tells you anything.

HC: What’s your relationship status?

No, I am dating exclusively with a girl who is not yet my girlfriend.

HC: Who’s your celebrity crush?

Ellen Degeneres. She makes me laugh until I cry, and there might be a “want what I can’t have” factor

HC: What’s your major?

If that is a word association test, my instinctive reply would be “League.” But if you want to know my major, my answer is Communication Studies.

HC: What are you involved in on campus?

I was an orientation leader, and I am now currently pledging for the fraternity Pi Kappa Alpha. I plan to become more involved in the future. More than 260 student clubs?! I like clubs more than the ole’ jersey shore crew. The scholarly clubs though.

HC: What made you choose UNCW?

I chose UNCW for a lot of reasons, but especially because of its distance from my home, it’s not too close, but not too far. Also, its distance from the beach, its distance from where it started and its distance still to go, and grow. It has been, and still is, a school on the rise. Lastly, its size; I wanted a somewhat small school, but not a tiny school.

HC: What do you look for in a girl?

Royalty. I’ve got a thing for princesses.

HC: What’s your ideal date?

We are out at dinner, Italian. The bread was garlic, delicious and came out quickly, the place had extra cheese on everything, and it was expensive. There were items on the dessert menu that we both wanted, and it was a really good Italian meal. Suddenly men stand up with samurai swords, they are samurais. My date and I both wonder how we didn’t notice their strange get-up before, especially considering all the people watching and critiquing. My date and I simultaneously discover we have super powers. Of course ones that compliment each other…(like the control of water and the power of electricity). We defeat the criminals, don’t turn them in to the police, but just trap them for the police because I think that’s the cooler and smarter thing to do. then we’d go off get married and make super kids that night. And then, fall asleep while watching a classic Disney movie.

HC: What’s your favorite pickup line?

“Are you a diary entry?… because I need to date you.”

HC: What was one of your most awkward moments of college:

Freshman year, first week in my dorm (Schwartz). I lived on the second floor, and I was visiting the third floor for the first time. I go to the bathroom there to, yes, take a poop. While I am doing so, a guy walks into the bathroom. I do an under-the-stall peek to check out his shoe game: rainbow flip-flops. He heads over to the sink/mirror and is over there for an extremely long time. I just wanted him to leave so I could leave somewhat anonymously. I finally cave and just walk out…and it is no guy at all! It’s a girl, and I have been pooping in the girl’s bathroom! The weirdest part of all is how we both played it off like it was normal. “Hey, how are you?” sputtered out of my nervous, embarrassed mouth. And she simply replied, “Hey I’m good. How are you?” I said “good,” and we both walked out and never laughed or looked back. I was hoping that meant she was going to keep the story to herself, no. By the next day I was known as “the girl’s bathroom kid” by the entire third floor.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

A big and beautiful home on a bay, east coast or west coast, I don’t know which. Happy, with a beautiful wife and our pretty newly-born kid. I’ll be working for a big company in marketing or sales.