This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Brett Granberry and Jake Wnuk are from Apex, NC and have been dating for the past three years. Brett and Jake are both sophomores, Brett a nursing major and Jake is studying information technology.

When did you first meet? What was your reaction?

BG: We have known each other since elementary school but we started dating in high school. I could tell he was so different from when we first met and I wanted to get to know him more.

JW: I think we first met freshman year and I had no idea [Brett liked me] until my friend told me on the bus ride home.

What has been your favorite date so far?

BG: Mine would be the first time we went to the drive-in movies in Henderson, I’m pretty sure we saw a shitty movie but it was still so much fun.

Furthest place you have traveled together?

BG: We toured Western Europe together for graduation! We visited Switzerland, France, Italy and Spain with a tour group from our high school. We saw a flamenco show in Barcelona and toured this really pretty region of Italy called cinque terre but I got sick.  

I know you guys love to do game night with friends, what is your favorite memory from this tradition?

JW: We were playing charades and I had to pretend to be a mermaid. [Authors note: He recreated the scene from The Little Mermaid when Ariel was on the rock by using a pillow.]  

BG: The first time we ever played heads up was so hilarious, it was the hardest I have ever laughed in my life and I wish I still had the videos of it. 

photo courtesy of Brett Granberry

Most likely at Target and/or drinking sweet tea. Senior from Apex, North Carolina. Co-Campus Correspondent for the UNCW chapter, Contact me with any comments or questions!