This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Meet the Spring 2021 Her Campas at UNCW CC… Veronica Wernicke!

Name: Veronica Wernicke

Hometown: Vernon Hills, IL

Year: Senior

Major: Communication Studies

Minor: Journalism

Fun Fact: I have lived in six different states

Her Campus: What made you choose UNCW?

Veronica Wernicke: I have always wanted to live by the beach, especially being from the north, and I fell in love with the Wilmington area when I came to tour campus. 

HC: How and why did you get involved with Her Campus?

VW: I joined my sophomore year after finding them through UNCW’s clubs and organizations website. 

HC: What else are you involved in, off and/or on campus? 

VW: I currently serve as the News Editor for The Seahawk newspaper at UNCW. I also serve as the Social Media and Marketing Intern for Little Pink Houses of Hope. 

HC: What are some of your hobbies?

VW: I love to read, write, watch tv and movies, ride my bike, hammock and travel. 

Aeroplane Aircraft Airplane Aviation
Nur Andi Ravsanjani Gusma / Pexels

HC: What are some of your favorite films? Books? TV shows?

VW: My favorite movies are “Call me by Your Name” and “Across the Universe.” My favorite book is “October Sky.” My favorite TV shows are “Outlander,” “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” and “The Mandalorian.” 

HC: What’s your ideal dream job?

VW: I would love to write for a prominent print newspaper like The New York Times. 

HC: If you could give advice to students right now during this pandemic, what would it be?

VW: Do not let the small stuff stress you out and make sure you are taking some time for self-care. Self-care is so important and it can as easily as laying down and closing your eyes for five minutes or burning a candle and painting your nails.

Maddy Tamms is a member of the UNCW class of 2022. She enjoys movies, art, and traveling! When she isn't writing, Maddy is probably rewatching New Girl, Tangled, or Bridgerton.
Veronica is a senior majoring in Communication Studies and minoring in Journalism. After college Veronica hopes to write for a newspaper or magazine like The New York Times or Boston Globe. Outside of writing, Veronica enjoys riding her bike, hammocking, reading, volunteering, and cheering on the Cubs.