This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Here are some broadway bops that have helped me attack that last essay and study for that last final. These songs give me the stamina I need to get it done, whatever it is! And I hope they can inspire you to get after what needs to be done before Fall 2019 comes to an end, too!!!

“For Now” (Avenue Q)

Your situation is temporary. This tidal wave of stress will soon pass! 

“Seize the Day” (Newsies)

Now is the time to seize the day!!! Go to the library and be proactive! 

“My Shot” (Hamilton)

Don’t throw away your shot! Make the most of the time you have to prepare for the tasks at hand. 

“Turn It Off” (The Book Of Mormon) 

As this riot of a musical suggests, “treat those pesky feelings like a reading light”. Allow yourself an appropriate amount of downtime these last few days. Unplug! Take naps! Turn it off! 

“Chip on My Shoulder” (Legally Blonde the Musical) 

Think of the nice, long break that awaits you after this (sigh…). Self-motivation is imperative while tackling finals week! 

“This Is the Moment” (Jekyll & Hyde the Musical) 

This is your moment to take everything you have mastered this semester and bring it all together! You’re almost there! 

“Defying Gravity” (Wicked) 

This is such an empowering ballad! Listen to this one minute before that exam or final presentation and you, too, will defy gravity! 

“Bottom’s Gonna Be On Top” (Something Rotten) 

This one is for those of us that are trying to bump up our grades ASAP…We can make it to the top! 

“I Have Confidence” (The Sound of Music) 

Go forth and be confident as you take on these last few hurdles of the semester! 

“One Day More” (Les Misérables) 

Play this the day before you’re done with this semester. You made it this far—
one more day to go!!!

Hannah Rzepka is a senior at UNCW studying communication studies with a concentration in marketing. She enjoys creative writing alongside her studies and aspires to be a published author in the near future. Hannah has been writing for HerCampus UNCW for almost four years and has cherished every second of it!!