BriAuna Daye, President of Alpha Kappa Alpha

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name: BriAuna Daye

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Greenville, NC

Major: Political Science and International Studies

Meet sophomore BriAuna Daye the president of Alpha Kappa Alpha at UNCW! This campus celeb is leading her chapter to do great community service and carry on the traditions of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. Read on to learn more about this confident and classy president!    

HC: Why did you join Alpha Kappa Alpha (AKA)?

BD: As a legacy, I spent a large majority of my life around AKA women and I was able to experience the classy and confident way that they carried themselves. The impact that these women were able to make on so many people’s lives through service and the close relationships that they had with each other as sisters made me want to one day be a part of AKA. I also learned so much from my mom and my aunts that when the time came I desired nothing less than to be a woman of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc.   

HC: What makes AKA different from other Greek life at UNCW?

BD: Being a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. goes far beyond just an undergraduate experience and is truly a lifelong membership dedicated to service and sisterhood. It is a genuine commitment and pledge to a prestigious organization that lasts a lifetime, making it different from all other greek organizations on campus.

HC: What are your responsibilities as president?

BD: As president, I hold the responsibility of making sure that the chapter here on campus is in order and running smoothly. I also make sure that as a chapter we are able to successfully be active and known both on campus and in our community.

HC: How has joining AKA impacted you?

BD: Joining AKA has literally flipped my life upside down! I feel so much more productive and involved at UNCW. Before being an AKA, of course, I was active on campus, but now I can say it is a huge time commitment and, honestly, a lifestyle.

HC: What is the best part about being in Alpha Kappa Alpha?

BD: Becoming a part of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc. is by far one of the best decisions I’ve made in my life! Before joining I was an only child, and by joining I can truly say that I no longer feel like I am. I fight, laugh, cry, and bond with my sisters every day, and I wouldn’t trade them for the world.

HC: What advice can you give to students who want to join greek life?

BD: Anyone who wants to join Greek life should do some research on whatever organization they are interested in. I think they should do as much research as possible and not be swayed by outside opinions. Being a part of any Greek life is such a large personal commitment that you just want to make sure it is something you really want and are willing to work for it.

HC: Do you have any favorite quotes?

BD: “A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.” – Coco Chanel

Photo credit to BriAuna Daye.