Flour Whisk Mixing Bowl
Flour Whisk Mixing Bowl
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

Blackberry Raspberry Crrrumble

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Blackberry Raspberry Crrrumble

This crrrumble will satisfy that rrrumble in your tummy! Let’s bake, shall we? 

What you will need: 

• 5 cups of fresh blackberries 
  • 2 cups of fresh raspberries 
  • 1 stick melted butter
  • ¼ stick of solid butter  
  • 1 cup of sugar 
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour 
  • ½ teaspoon kosher salt 
  • 1 large egg 
  • 1 tablespoon of freshly-squeezed lemon juice (This is very important!!)

Directions

1. First, turn on a feel-good playlist or podcast! Now you are in the right mindset to create and enjoy something downright delicious!
  2. Second, preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Thoroughly rinse your berries in a colander. One your berries are rinsed, lightly pat them down with a paper towel or dishrag.
  3. Grab an 8-inch square baking dish and grease it down with your ¼ stick of solid butter. If you don’t have an 8-inch baking dish, you can use another size—but really, crowd those berries in on one side! After your dish is buttered up, pour your berries into that nice coating of butter!
  4. Next, pour your freshly squeezed lemon juice over your berries. In a medium to large mixing bowl, combine your flour, egg, sugar, and salt whisking until it resembles a coarse meal. Spread your mixture on top of the berries.
  5. Complete your crrrumble by pouring the melted butter over the dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes until you begin seeing a golden-brown crust taking shape. Pop that beauty out of the oven and let it sit for 10 minutes. I know you want to dive in right away, the smell alone is driving you wild.. but hold on, girl, practice patience! Those berries need a minute so they don’t torch the inside of your mouth.
  6. Finally, take a big spoon and scoop out your desired helping! This crrrumble pairs well with vanilla ice-cream and your favorite movie! 

Hannah Rzepka is a senior at UNCW studying communication studies with a concentration in marketing. She enjoys creative writing alongside her studies and aspires to be a published author in the near future. Hannah has been writing for HerCampus UNCW for almost four years and has cherished every second of it!!