Aubrey Phillips, Campus Cutie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Name: Aubrey Phillips

Year: Junior

Major: Creative Writing

Hometown: Charlotte, North Carolina

Relationship status: Single

HC: What is your favorite thing to do outside of your classes at UNCW?

Aubrey: Honestly I love doing anything as long as my dog is with me. I like the beach and so does he so that’s where you’ll usually find us!

HC: If you could be any fictional character from TV or a book, who would it be and why?

Aubrey: I would say Buffy the Vampire slayer because she’s pretty badass. However it would be awesome to be Alice from Twilight and be able to see the future plus charm people into believing or doing whatever I say. Seriously, how does that not sound tempting?

HC: Where do you want to be and what do you want to be doing a year after you graduate with your degree?

Aubrey: I plan on backpacking around Europe picking up freelancing jobs while there! If I could become one of those bloggers that blogs about their travels and starts making some money off of it that’d be something I’d continue with! Hopefully the novella I’m working on now will be finished and published by then, too.

HC: What is the most important quality to you in a relationship?

Aubrey: Honesty. Honesty. Honesty. If I can’t trust you to be honest with me then what’s the point? I don’t care if whatever you’re lying about would hurt my feelings or make me mad. If I find out I was lied to it would make me angrier and more hurt than if you had just told me the truth because I must have not meant enough to you to deserve the truth.

HC: What is the most important quality to have in life?

Aubrey: Understanding. I believe that you don’t truly experience and understand life if you stay in your own little box the whole time. I want to travel to every country, meet the locals, live the way they live, participate in their traditions, view their way of life, have them teach me about what they believe in, and their religion. I want to see the beautiful views that nature has made and also see the magnificent man-made structures. Nothing sounds more intriguing and beautiful to me than having a full understanding of life by learning from others living theirs.

HC: What’s your zodiac sign?

Aubrey: I read a lot about my zodiac and can confidently say that 98% of what is said about Taureans is accurate.

HC: Do fries really come before guys?

Aubrey: Until a guy can make me happier than a plate of cheese fries from Cook-Out after a night out then sure, that one guy would come before fries but as of now fries very much do come before guys.

HC: Favorite quote of all time?

Aubrey: “You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should’ve behaved better.” – Unsure

HC: Who is your favorite Disney princess?

Aubrey: Ariel the Little Mermaid of course! How could you not want to be mermaid? 

Photo courtesy of Aubrey Phillips 

Elizabeth is a senior at UNCW majoring in Creative Writing with a minor in English.