pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The “Almost Graduated” Struggle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

To all you seniors out there, I hope I’m not alone in this struggle. For those who are not graduated you too will feel these senior struggles. So what struggle am I talking about? Where do I begin…

1. When you have a million and one assignments to finish and need to pass all your classes so you can walk across the stage on graduation. Yet, all you want to do is watch Netflix and avoid the reality of growing up. 

2. GROWING UP. The ultimate struggle of choosing business clothes over that cute romper in the corner. With the thought of having to wear business clothes every day for the rest of our lives. 

3. Applying for jobs that, of course, never call you back. Sitting on the computer thinking of what to write on your fifth cover letter.

4. Wanting to hang out with your friends and do fun stuff every day because you know you won’t see them all the time anymore. Oh, but then you have all those assignments and don’t have time to do fun stuff. 

5. The need to go out on Thursday nights because once the real world hits there’s no such thing as no Friday classes. 

6. Realizing you have to pay back your student loans soon with $20 to your name. Ha, ha, ha. Good times. 

7. Picking up my cap & gown last week and having to WAIT in a line for it. I didn’t want to pick this up in the first place and now I’m forced to wait in line. How rude…

8. Answering the beautiful question every adult in your life has to ask you: “So what are you doing after you graduate?” or really any version of this question. When you really wish they’d ask you this question..

9. The struggle of being over school work but still wanting to be a student…

10. Finally, the struggles of realizing these are the best four years of my life and they are coming to an end. 

BUT realizing the fun isn’t over yet. Come on, we’re still in our 20’s!!