7 Instagram Photos Every UNCW Student Is Guilty of Taking

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Anyone who has lived in Wilmington knows that there’s a lot to show off. Not only do we get to attend college, but we get to wake up and watch the sunrise over the ocean. We can eat icecream on the riverwalk before boarding The Henrietta for a sunset cruise. We can enjoy a nice stroll with our friends to Wag for a delicious dinner… ahem. The point is, there’s a lot to love about this place, and what better way to show it off than posting it on Instagram for all to see? (Don’t forget to add #mylifeisyourvacation). The photos below are likely to be the most commonly posted Instagram photos of UNCW students.

1. Legs in a beach chair.Let’s be honest, we aren’t just bragging about how we’re done with classes for the day–we want to show off to all of our friends at State that this is what we do for rest and relaxation. 

2. The Johnny Mercer’s PierNothing says “Wrightsville Beach” like that big, concrete pier. Plus, all of those lines just give it that artsy touch!

3. The Intracoastal from Dockside Restaurant & BarBrownie points if you can get your delicious drink in there too. 

4. Your morning loop runNot only do we work out, but we get to do it with an amazing view. Who wouldn’t share that? #fitfam

5. The Memorial BridgeAt sunset, of course. If this doesn’t scream Wilmington, I don’t know what does. 

6. The Seahawk StatueWhether it was when you were an incoming freshman or when you were just driving by, the Seahawk Statue is an emblem of our pride here at UNCW. Plus, it makes for an awesome photo-op!

7. Your cap and gown with the teal tassle.If you haven’t done it yet, you will. And who could blame you? You’ve worked hard and stayed committed. Now you’re achieving an amazing goal. Best part is, you got to do it in one of the most beautiful places in N.C.!