6 Stages of a Snowed In Seahawk

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

We’re in Wilmington, and it snowed! Three entire days last week were filled with nothing but cold, icy weather. Classes were out and everyone dealt with the weather in their own way.

Check out the stages of a snowed in Seahawk.

Stage One: Shock

In Wilmington, snow is something that almost never happens. Usually it’s sunny and in the 60’s, so when we heard about the snow, we naturally fell into a state of shock before running to the nearest window to see if it was true.

Image

Stage Two: Uncontrollable Happiness (for those of us who live in N.C.)

Once it finally set in that it was actually snowing outside, students rushed to the soccer fields to play in the powdery goodness.

Image

Stage Two: For Out-of-Staters

Yes, we know the northern students think this is ridiculous.

Image

Stage Three: Snow Selfies and FB posts

So, after everyone got bundled up and played in the snow, they took several photos and posted them to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.

Image

And then the haters were like…

Image

Stage Four: PARTYY!

By the time we were cleaned up, inside and done posting our ridiculous photos, we found a lovely email in our inbox that read, “No class tomorrow,” and then everyone went crazy.

Initial reaction:

Image

And then…

Image

Frats were like…

Image

Gamers were like…

Image

And I was like…

Image

Stage Five: Must Sleep

Class was conveniently cancelled the next two days, so we recuperated with a lot of sleep.

Image

Stage Six: Okay, I’m bored.

So, by the time the third snow day happened, everyone was bored. Stuck in our rooms with nothing to do, but eat and sleep.

Image

Tabitha Britt

New School '18

Tabitha Britt (formerly Tabitha Shiflett) was the Editor-in-Chief and Co-Correspondent of Her Campus at The New School between August 2016 - January 2018. Tabitha graduated from The New School of Social Research on January 31, 2018. She's also a graduate of the Dub (The University of North Carolina Wilmington, UNCW) where she held the position of Managing Editor for the UNCW HC team. You can find her byline in a variety of publications including CBS Local, Taste of Home, Luna Luna, Thought Catalog, and Elite Daily. See more at www.tabithashiflett.com.