This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

The time has come, exams are finally over and now you have a few months of freedom to spend those warm and sunny months doing whatever your heart desires! I have compiled a list of things you can do to make sure you have the best summer yet. 

1. Plan a road trip

Life is short. The four years you spend in college are the best time to get out and explore your surroundings! That being said, pack a bag, grab some friends, make a playlist, fill up the gas tank, and hit the road! You never know where the highway will take you.

2. Find an internship

Summer is the perfect opportunity to help lay out your future with tons of crucial experiences. No matter what your major is, get out and find something that you like doing but will also progress you in your career post-graduation. Bonus if you find a paid internship. 

3. Study abroad

This is a once and a lifetime kind of experience. Not many people can say they had the opportunity to travel abroad WHILE pursuing their education. If you have the financial means to do so, I would recommend taking a trip ~*Abroad*~ this summer!

4. Take summer classes

While a summer class or two doesn’t scream fun, it is often recommended to take your hardest classes during the summer. They are, at most, two months long and summer gives you a chance to really focus on the material. So, go and be studious! 

5. Binge on Netflix

Let’s be real; there is no better way to spend a few summer nights than curled up in bed under that comfy blanket, cuddled up next to a smooth glass bottle of wine with endless episodes of your latest binge. You worked hard this semester, enjoy some alone time. 

[Photo courtesy: 1,2,3,4,5]

Sophomore at the University of North Carolina Wilmington, Business and Marketing Major with a Psychology Minor