Anna Schultz-Girl On Computer Stress
Anna Schultz-Girl On Computer Stress
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

5 Things to Get You Through Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

The semester is almost over. And we all know what that means… FINALS! But after the stresses of finals are finally (haha get it… FINAL-ly) over, you are able to relax. I know that it seems a far ways away right now, and if you are having trouble looking past the inevitable finals here are some things to look forward to:

1. Graduation

Whether you are graduating yourself or you have friends who are graduating, this is an exciting time for everyone. Graduating symbolizes the mark of finishing something you have worked so hard for. Even though I am not graduating this semester, the thought of graduation makes me think that I am one step closer to that milestone as well.

2. Vacation

Summer is a time for getting away, having fun, and relaxing before another school year starts again. Going on a vacation is an excellent way to celebrate the end of finals. Vacations let you have a fun, relaxing time without thinking about school or work.

3. Staycation

However, if a vacation is not in the cards for you, a staycation is always an option. You don’t have to go far to have a nice, relaxing time. Having a nice spa day at home or even a girls night with junk food and movies will still help you relax.

4. Traveling Abroad

One way to forget all about finals is to travel abroad. Whether it is with a Study Abroad program or with some friends, exploring the world will make you forget all about how stressful finals were. Getting to see different countries and learning about different cultures are things that everyone should experience, and summer is the perfect time to do that.

5. Next Semester

I know the thought of the next semester might not seem like something to look forward to right now, but once finals are over and you are on your summer vacation, you will start to miss the joy of school. Seeing your friends and having fun on campus is always something to look forward to.

So study for those finals and have a great summer break. See you next year.

Jessica is a senior majoring in Film Studies and minoring in Business. She is set to graduate in December. After graduation, she plans to pursue a career in Film focusing on pre-production. Being a part of the Her Campus chapter at UNCW has helped Jessica branch out in her writing and explore new interest.