5 Stages of Watching the “Avengers: Endgame” Trailer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

WARNING: SPOILERS FOR THE AVENGERS: ENDGAME TRAILER AHEAD!

December 7th, 2018. The day the Avengers 4 (A4) trailer dropped.

Ever since the wild cliffhanger ending of Avengers: Infinity War earlier this year (and *that* end-credit scene from Ant-Man and the Wasp), fans have been begging Marvel for hints about the next installment in the Avengers franchise. The buzz surrounding the rumored A4 trailer has been high recently, and when I opened Instagram and saw a video of Iron Man looking distressed, I almost dropped my phone in shock–the trailer was finally here.

Stage 1: Excitement

The first stage is excitement, because after all that waiting, “OH MY GOD! THE TRAILER FINALLY DROPPED!”

Stage 2: Shock

The second stage of watching the A4 trailer is shocking. “Oh my God…the trailer finally dropped…” We can no longer deny the end of Infinity War happened and have to see what happens next.

Stage 3: Dread

The third stage? Dread. Just plain dread. Why does it look like the Avengers have given up? Who let Steve shave his beard? Why is Thanos just chilling? How will Tony get back to Earth? Will he get back to Earth?!

But seriously, why did Steve shave his beard?

“So…you let Captain America shave his beard…”

Stage 4: Existentialism

The fourth stage is existentialism with a touch of anger. Why oh why does Marvel love to play with our emotions so? And why am I in love with so many superheroes? Will I make it until April? Is Spider-Man doing okay? Also, the name of the movie is Avengers: Endgame, and that makes me nervous…

Stage 5: Excitement (again)

Aaaand we’re back to excitement. Marvel, take all my money!

As worrying as the new trailer is–everyone looks really, really bummed out–I think A4 is going to be a great movie. Marvel hasn’t let me down before, and no matter what happens, we’ll always have the old movies to re-watch and reminisce.

What are your thoughts on the new Avengers: Endgame trailer? Tweet @HerCampusUNCW with predictions!

– Rachel xo 

[Gifs courtesy of giphy.com. Photo courtesy of GameSpot.com. ]

Rachel is a senior and Creative Writing major/English minor at UNCW. She loves to write about entertainment and often publishes listicles on her favorite movies, music, and TV. Rachel is probably rereading the Percy Jackson books, watching comedy specials on Netflix, or petting a dog right about now. Sometimes, she's doing all three.