This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Ah, springtime. It’s the time when flowers bloom, weather gets warmer, and a slew of new T.V. shows premiere. Also, some of your old favorites return from hiatus!

You definitely should spend some time outside enjoying this great new season (before it turns to summer weather in, like, two days), but on rainy, lazy days, what better to do than curl up with a good new show?

Deception (Season 1)

If you watched and enjoyed the Now You See Me movies, ABC’s new show about an illusionist helping the FBI is for you. I know, I know, the man-with-unique-abilities-helping-the-government-even-though-he’s-not-an-FBI-agent trope is a little overdone (i.e. Chuck, White Collar, Psych, and so forth) but Deception is a unique twist on this trope. The show is great and the dialogue is incredibly well written. I might be biased, because I myself am a fan of close-up magic, but everyone should give this show a chance. **Bonus: Jack Cutmore-Scott plays the lead role and he’s kind of a babe.

Catch it Sunday nights at 10 p.m. on ABC and on Hulu.

Timeless (Season 2)

Do you like history, action, adventure, and romance? Then Timeless is for you! It’s a show about a historian, a soldier, and a tech genius saving history from people who want to change it for their own gain. Every week the show takes you to a different historical event, and you can learn about things you never knew before. Timeless was cancelled after season 1 and, in a miraculous turn of events, renewed three days later because of support from the fans. It makes me wonder if the Time Team used the Lifeboat to change history a little…

Catch it Sunday nights at 10 p.m. on NBC and on Hulu.

A Series of Unfortunate Events (Season 2)

Count Olaf is back, and he’s got more evil schemes up his sleeve. ASOUE is one of Netflix’s original series and premiered last January with eight episodes. Season 1 shows the events from the first four books of Lemony Snickets’ A Series of Unfortunate Events book series. I never read the books as a kid–I was afraid of Scooby Doo, so I figured evil counts kidnapping children would leave me scarred for life–but I watched the movie with Jim Carrey and enjoyed it. I was excited to hear about the T.V. series and was even more excited when I found out it was getting a season 2. I haven’t had a chance to watch the second season yet, but I plan on checking it out soon. Will the Baudelaire children ever be free from Count Olaf?

Catch it on Netflix.

Good Girls (Season 1)

Good Girls is a show about three moms who are all having financial and family troubles. They decide to rob a grocery store to get some extra cash, and things take a turn for the worse. The protagonists Ruby, Beth, and Annie get drawn into one mix-up after another as they try to get their lives back to normal. The show is more dramatic and serious than I thought–after seeing the trailer, I assumed it was going to be a comedy–but there are moments of humor that make the cast really shine.

Catch it Monday Nights at 10 p.m. on NBC and on Hulu.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Season 5, back from hiatus)

Detective Jake Peralta and the rest of the Nine-Nine team are back! After a longish winter hiatus, the show has returned on Fox and is better than ever. The best part about this show is that it combines a cop show with the kind of hilarity you can only get from Michael Schur, creator of Parks and Rec and The Good Place. You also might know him as Dwight’s cousin Mose from The Office. The ensemble cast is phenomenal and I can’t watch the show without laughing out loud! If you have never seen Brooklyn Nine-Nine or want a breath of fresh air from more serious shows like Chicago P.D., head on down to the 99th Precinct.

Catch it Sunday nights on FOX at 8:30 p.m. and on Hulu.

What other shows are you watching this spring? Tweet @HerCampusUNCW with your thoughts if you give any of these shows a try!

Rachel is a senior and Creative Writing major/English minor at UNCW. She loves to write about entertainment and often publishes listicles on her favorite movies, music, and TV. Rachel is probably rereading the Percy Jackson books, watching comedy specials on Netflix, or petting a dog right about now. Sometimes, she's doing all three.