This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

I had an amazing and unforgettable summer and I was sad to see it end because that meant school, and the stress that accompanies it, was back in session. While I am excited for my junior year at UNC Wilmington, I miss summer vacation even more. Something that always puts me in a better mood is music and this summer some great albums dropped.

So, here are five recently released albums to get you through the new school year blues.

X – The Driver Era

The first album of the self-debuted band consisting of brothers Ross Lynch (The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina) and older brother Rocky Lynch is an instant hit. As a follower of their previous Disney band R5, I was ready to see the brothers toss their Disney image out the window and put out more edgier music. My favorite tune off the tracklist is “Nobody Knows” — a definite banger.

Lover – Taylor Swift

Who does not love to jam to a good ole’ Taylor Swift tune? This new album has been highly anticipated since Swift starting teasing it a few months ago and it sure checks all the feel-good pop boxes. My favorite song off the album is “Lover” because it makes me feel good and reminds me of my boyfriend which is another bonus.

Help Us Stranger – The Raconteurs

If you are a music fan, then you have heard of Jack White and are hopefully a fan of his music and specifically, his rock band The Raconteurs. After several years between their last album release, the band finally dropped a new album Help Us Strangers. This album is a great listen and will definitely get you in the pumped up to get your work done and take on the new semester. My favorite song off the album is “Bored and Razed” because it is such a banger and is totally the song you can blast with the windows down. 

No. 6 Collaborations Project – Ed Sheeran

There is no bad Ed Sheeran song or album and when he collaborates with other artists the music gets amplified. Whether its rock, pop, or a hip-hop track Sheeran checks all the boxes on this album. So get ready to cue it up for all your back to school parties. My favorite song off the album is “South of the Border” (feat. Camilla Cabello and Cardi B).

Happiness Begins – Jonas Brothers  

The comeback of everyone’s favorite boyband was the greatest thing to happen in 2019 and thus their album was highly anticipated. This quality throwback band and their new album will give you all the warm and fuzzy feelings you need to get through the first couple weeks of school. My favorite song off the album is “Only Human” which will continue to remind me of summer as the semester slowly drags on.

[Header image and album covers courtesy of Spotify.com.]

[gif courtesy of giphy.com] 

Veronica is a senior majoring in Communication Studies and minoring in Journalism. After college Veronica hopes to write for a newspaper or magazine like The New York Times or Boston Globe. Outside of writing, Veronica enjoys riding her bike, hammocking, reading, volunteering, and cheering on the Cubs.