5 Signs You Still Have an Obsession With One Tree Hill

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Sure, the series started way back in 2003 and ended in 2012, but I’m fairly sure there aren’t a whole lot of us who haven’t binge-watched this teen drama on Netflix many, many times. Filmed right here in Wilmington, North Carolina, this show has a special place in the hearts of several UNCW students and Wilmingtonians alike. Here are some signs that you’ve come to love it just a little too much–if that’s possible!

1. Watching Haley and Nathan on screen has set your relationship expectations unrealistically high.

2. You can quote the meaningful voice-overs at the beginning and end of each episode. (Bonus points if you used one for your senior quote in high school.)

3.You get excited when you can point out places downtown and throughout Wilmington that you recognize from OTH. (Karen’s Cafe/Clothes Over Bros, anyone?)

4.You’ll forever be sad that you missed the chance to be an extra while the show was still filming. (Or forever happy if you were actually able to do it!)

5. You follow Sophia Bush on every social media possible because you almost wish you were like her (or B-Davis.)

Did you think of any more signs of obsession? Add them in the comments!

I'm a Math major, Spanish minor, and lover of puns. Sometimes I eat cereal in the middle of the day. My mom seriously thought about naming me Ursula, and when she told me this later I got mad because I loved the Little Mermaid and she was gonna name me after the villain. Oh yeah and I really like to write. That's about all you need to know.