This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

These are uncertain and excruciatingly boring times due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic: there are national stay-at-home orders, and many people have taken to social isolation. Aside from my weekly school work keeping me busy, I have dived deep into the world of TV and streaming platforms to help pass the time. Here are five shows that have been helping me kill time and get me through this quarantine.

Tiger King (Netflix)

Everyone and their cousin has been watching and posting about this Netflix documentary, and it definitely lives up to all the hype. This documentary follows Joe Exotic, the owner of a big cats zoo in rural Oklahoma. But big cats are not the only strange and intriguing aspects of this crazy documentary. The three words that appear alongside the title—”murder,” “mayhem,” and “madness”—are the best ways to describe it without giving too much away. Until I finally sat down and watched it, I had no idea just how crazy and interesting this story would be. It will definitely help take your mind off of COVID-19.

Next in Fashion (Netflix)

I am not one who typically watches a bunch of fashion shows, let alone reality competition ones, but Tan France from “Queer Eye” was involved in this one, so I had to check it out. The series starts with X teams of two designers, and each week they are given a fashion challenge (denim, activewear, streetwear, etc). Designers have two days to conceptualize and bring their designs to fruition, where they are then judged at a fashion show by a panel of judges which include France, co-host Alexa Chung, celebrity stylist Elizabeth Stewart, and a different well-known fashion figure each week. It is a very entertaining show, and it is amazing to see what all the designers come up with and their sense of style.   

Sex Education – Season 2 (Netflix)

This Netflix teen comedy follows high schoolers Otis and Maeve who start a sex therapy clinic to help their fellow classmates. It is straight to the point with any and all sex topics, and you will be cracking up every episode. The second season recently came out, and, having already been a fan of the first season, I was excited to see what antics this season would hold. If you are a fan of awkward teens talking about and navigating the world of sex, then this is definitely worth the watch.

Dave (FX/Hulu)

This comedy stars real-life comedic rapper Lil Dicky, aka Dave Burd, and his daily antics as an up-and-coming white rapper. I am not the biggest Lil Dicky fan, but, after my dad started watching the show and shared a clip with me, I began watching and loving it. It is so hilarious and a great way to pass the time. The first five episodes are available on Hulu, but it also airs weekly on FX.

Breeders (FX/Hulu)

This UK comedy shows the trials and tribulations, alongside the joys, of being parents. I was initially drawn in by the fact that Martin Freeman played the dad, and I stayed for the sheer comedy of it all. While dealing with their own adult lives, Freeman’s character, alongside his TV wife, Daisy Haggard, goes through doing anything to absolutely hating their two young children, as many parents would attest to. There is also something about English humor that I have always enjoyed, and “Breeders” checks all those boxes. This show is definitely worth the watch if you want to laugh at something many adults can relate to.

Veronica is a senior majoring in Communication Studies and minoring in Journalism. After college Veronica hopes to write for a newspaper or magazine like The New York Times or Boston Globe. Outside of writing, Veronica enjoys riding her bike, hammocking, reading, volunteering, and cheering on the Cubs.