5 Reasons Why Trader Joe’s Takes the (Pumpkin) Cake This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

1. In the fall, Trader Joe’s starts selling their pumpkin scented body butter again… and you thought the original coconut was already too good to be true. Get ready to start smelling like a pie fresh out of the oven.

2. Let’s be real–Trader Joe’s already takes the cake for their deliciously fall-scented body butter, but it certainly doesn’t stop there. Let’s focus on one of their new fall flavors: pumpkin ice cream. Yes, you read that correctly. Pumpkin ice cream. It’s like pumpkin pie filling, but cold and creamy.

3. Think you love nothing more than a warm, cinnamon raisin bagel on a fall morning? What if I told you it could be a pumpkin bagel with pumpkin butter spread on top instead? Yeah, it exists. And yeah, Trader Joe’s sells it. Hello to my new breakfast for the next two months.

4. There is no better smell than a loaf of pumpkin bread or a tray of pumpkin muffins baking in the oven. The scent takes over the house and takes you back to chilly October mornings at Grandma’s house. Yes, you might as well go out back and jump in a pile of leaves. It’s also helpful to mention that they have a pumpkin-flavored waffle and pancake mix as well!

5. This one is for all my fellow tea-lovers out there: Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Spice Rooibos Tea. Rooibos tea originally comes from the leaves of the rooibos plant in South Africa. Similar to taste as some black teas but lacking in any caffeine, this is a perfect soothing drink to wind down at night without worries of sleep disruption. And what better flavor to sip on a chilly fall night than pumpkin?

Photos courtesy of Trader Joe’s.

Maddie is a senior at UNCW majoring in English Literature with a Professional Writing Certificate and minoring in Women's Gender Studies.