This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Like every other girl growing up watching Gilmore Girls, I have wanted to be like Rory Gilmore. After binge-watching the series several (hundred) times on Netflix, it became clear that Rory is just like every girl here at UNCW.

1. She is obsessed with food (and tacos) just like us.

When Islands is right next to campus Taco Tuesday becomes Taco everyday. If Rory Gilmore went to UNCW, I think you would find her at Islands every night waiting for $1 tacos.

2. Rory stresses about finals too.

With finals just around the corner, I believe Rory said it best when she was stressing for her finals, that being pretty is not as important as school.

3. Sometimes nothing is worth being up before 11 am.

Even Rory can’t handle a semester of 8 ams.

4. Being around others is difficult.

Sometimes, it is nice to just lay in bed and forget the world.

5. She can’t survive without coffee.

To Rory, and most college students, coffee is its own food group.

With the end of the semester right around the corner, remember, you will always have Rory Gilmore and Gilmore Girls to rely on. 

[Photos courtesy of Giphy.com]

• college life
  • finals
  • Gilmore Girls
  • Jessica is a senior majoring in Film Studies and minoring in Business. She is set to graduate in December. After graduation, she plans to pursue a career in Film focusing on pre-production. Being a part of the Her Campus chapter at UNCW has helped Jessica branch out in her writing and explore new interest.