david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

With Halloween right around the corner, we are in the thick (or panic) of deciding what to dress up as for Halloween. Thankfylly, with so many great movies and TV shows that have come out in the past year, there are so many options.

To help make your costume decisions slightly less stressful, here are five ideas based on recent TV shows and movies.

Stranger Things

This past summer, season three of the immensely popular Netflix series came out, and we got to see each character rock a new look to easily inspire your 2019 Halloween costume: Think Scoops Ahoy uniform.

The Addams Family

The Addams Family has always been the perfect go-to costume, and with the new animated adaption in theaters, these costumes are even more relevant. Time to channel your inner Wednesday Addams.

Aladdin

While Disney Princesses and characters are always hits for children’s Halloween costumes, there is nothing stopping you from rocking your inner princess, especially with the recent live-action adaption of Aladdin.

Avengers: Endgame

Ever since the Avengers made their appearance on our screens in 2012, their characters have been the go-to costume choice for many. This Halloween, you can keep up the tradition with all the lastest costume options thanks to the release of Avengers: Endgame this past summer.

Game of Thrones

Channel your inner Jon Snow or Kallessi this Halloween. You might always be able to make others bend the knee, but, since the last season of this HBO’s drama came out this past summer, it is now or never to stay relevant with your costume choices.

[Header courtesy of unsplash.com]

[images courtesy of spirithalloween.com , partycity.com , and halloweencostumes.com] 

Veronica is a senior majoring in Communication Studies and minoring in Journalism. After college Veronica hopes to write for a newspaper or magazine like The New York Times or Boston Globe. Outside of writing, Veronica enjoys riding her bike, hammocking, reading, volunteering, and cheering on the Cubs.