5 Places to Study around Wilmington Other than the Library

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

It is the time of the year when it seems like all 15,000 students are storming the library to cram for finals. Then it’s a slow downhill with the Wi-Fi being slow, no tables left, and the insanely loud noise level that makes the library unappealing to study. So here are some other local places around Wilmington to study:

1.BeSpoke Coffee & Dry Goods

[Photos courtesy of BeSpoke Coffee & Dry Goods’ Facebook

This cute little place located in downtown Wilmington has great coffee and tons of beautiful succulents. With Wi-Fi available and many drinks to choose from it can be a relaxing and productive escape.

2.SUNdays

[Photos courtesy of SUNdays Yelp]

If you are looking for a good place with view of the beach and the most gorgeous acai bowls around then hit up SUNdays located on Wrightsville beach by Oceanic.  You can even take a study break and take a walk on the beach for a little bit.

3.Bitty & Beau’s

[Photo courtesy of Bitty and Beau’s website]

This adorable coffee shop is run by people who have disabilities which adds to the unique customer service experience. You can get anything there from a chocolate chip frappé to a breakfast burrito and it’s a calm place to get stuff done.

4.Morning Glory

[Photo courtesy of Morning Glory’s Website]

Comfy couches? Check! Great Coffee? Check! Wi-Fi that isn’t disconnecting every two minutes? Check! I love this place because of the chill atmosphere, plenty of sitting room, and as my friend Ellie proclaimed “this place makes the best lattes eveeerrrr”.  

5.Grinders

[Photos courtesy of Grinder’s website]

Another place that is close to campus and has amazing coffee with a totally relaxed feeling so it is perfect to refocus and get to work. Also, my friend Racheal swears by their Spring Fever coffee which is coconut and banana (I know it’s weird)– it’s fantastic.  

So good luck on your finals hooligans! 

Julie is a positive senior from the University of North Carolina Wilmington. She is an inspiring travel journalist who is double majoring in Communication Studies and International Studies along with having a minor in Spanish. With a lot on her plate you can always catch her in the library or stress knitting in her apartment while bing-watching "Queer Eye" or "Parks and Rec".