This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

We – myself included – spend a lot of time and I mean a lot of time scrolling through and watching shows and movies on Netflix. With the apparent never-ending list of options, it can be hard to decide what exactly to watch. To make matters both worse and better, every month Netflix adds new movies to its collection which only adds to that never-ending list to which I will never get through.

Here are some standout movies in Netflix’s recent group of releases. 

The Perfect Date

This new Netflix original movie falls right in line with the likes of “Sierra Burgess is a Loser,” “To All the Boys I’ve Loved,” “The Kissing Booth” and “Set It Up”. This latest rom-com is the perfect pick and checks all the boxes for a girls night and not just because it stars Noah Centineo.

Someone Great

Another Netflix original which just hit the streaming website is the breakup comedy “Someone Great”. Starring Gina Rodriguez (“Jane the Virgin”), LaKeith Stanfield (“Sorry to Bother You”), Brittany Snow (“Pitch Perfect”) and DeWanda Wise (“She’s Gotta Have it”) is another great pick for a girls night.

The Highwaymen

If you are not into the typical chick flick or romcom then this is the perfect movie for you. This action and crime packed film starring Kevin Costner, Woody Harrelson and Kathy Bates follows the men who took down the infamous Bonnie and Clyde. Wilmington based actors Steve Vernon and Justin Smith, are even featured in this film, so talk about representation.

This is the End

This movie might be from 2013, but it just hit Netflix and will definitely leave you laughing out loud. I mean a movie about the end of the world with an all-star cast including James Franco, Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill and many other celebrity appearances how can you not enjoy it?

Hearts Beat Loud

This feel-good comedy stars Nick Offerman (“Parks and Rec”) and Kiersey Clemons (“Angie Tribeca”) and follows the musical bond between a father and daughter as both their lives are changing. It will warm your heart and make you cherish the relationships you have.

[Header image courtesy of Getty Images]

[Images courtesy of IMDB]

Veronica is a senior majoring in Communication Studies and minoring in Journalism. After college Veronica hopes to write for a newspaper or magazine like The New York Times or Boston Globe. Outside of writing, Veronica enjoys riding her bike, hammocking, reading, volunteering, and cheering on the Cubs.