This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

There is nothing better than cozying up with a good book and getting lost in it. Whether it’s a romance, science fiction, biography or any other genre, I am more than happy spending hours reading it.

Here are five recently published or soon-to-be-published books that are on my reading list and that everyone else should read, too.

Inconspicuous Consumption: The Environmental Impact You Don’t Know You Have by Tatiana Schlossberg.  / Out Now

The time to act is now and Tatiana Schlossberg’s (John F. Kennedy’s granddaughter) book will help you take those initial steps to help better our environment.

Know My Name by Chanel Miller / Out Now

When Standford student Brock Turner was accused of sexual assault, we were all tuned to our TV, and now the woman who Turner assaulted is coming forward with her side of the story in her new memoir, Know My Name.

Antoni in the Kitchen by Antoni Porowski / Out Now

This is a book for all people who love cooking, and, of course, Netflix’s Queer Eye. Get this cookbook and you will be cooking like Antoni in no time.

Find Me by Andre Aciman / Oct. 29, 2019

I fell in love with Aciman’s first book, Call Me by Your Name. Ever since I found out he was releasing a sequel, I have been beyond excited to see where Elio and Oliver are now.

Blood: A Memoir by the Jonas Brothers / Nov. 12, 2019

With the recent comeback of the best boyband ever, the release of the Jonas Brother’s memoir is the perfect book for all JoBro lovers. 

[Header curtsey of unsplash.com]

[Images courtesy of barnesandnoble.com]

Veronica is a senior majoring in Communication Studies and minoring in Journalism. After college Veronica hopes to write for a newspaper or magazine like The New York Times or Boston Globe. Outside of writing, Veronica enjoys riding her bike, hammocking, reading, volunteering, and cheering on the Cubs.