Wellness

The 5 Best Products from The Ordinary Skincare

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

The Ordinary is my go-to skincare brand. Their minimally packaged and college-budget friendly yet effective products are a must for anyone looking to start a skincare routine. Here are five of my favorite products from their skincare line:

Granactive Retinoid 5% in Squalane

This retinoid is great for someone who is worried about drying side effects, but still wants to cash in on the anti-aging properties. This formula is great for sensitive skin and is much gentler compared to alternatives on the market and works just as well. It also comes in varying strengths so that you can find what works best for you!

($13.90/30mL)

100% L-Ascorbic Acid Powder

I have finally found my dream formulation of Vitamin C! I love mixing a small scoop of this powder in with my hyaluronic acid as it really makes my skin glow the day after applying. You also get a ton of product for the price!

($5.80/20g)

Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5

Hyaluronic Acid is a must have in a modern skincare routine, and I love that this formula includes B5. This serum is fantastic for applying after a shower as it locks moisture into your skin and leave you looking soft and glowing. It also now comes in a larger size to save even more money (and carbon emissions from less shipments!)

($6.80/30mL or $12.20/60mL)

Mineral UV Filters SPF 30 with Antioxidants

This lightweight mineral sunscreen is perfect for everyday wear! It doesn’t break me out, leaves a very minimal white-cast, and has added antioxidants in the formula for even more skincare benefits. Wearing sunscreen everyday is the most important thing that you can do for your skin, and this formula makes it something to look forward to.

($9.70/50 mL)

Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

This toner is a great way to incorporate chemical exfoliation into your skincare routine and a ton comes in the bottle! I have had mine for about six months and I am only half way through, so a little goes a long way!

($8.70/240mL)

Rylea is a Wilmington, NC native and a freshman at the University of North Carolina Wilmington. She is majoring in Biology with the intent of applying to dental school at either ECU or UNC. She has an adoration for all things houseplants and rescue cats.