5 Best Movies for the Ultimate Halloween Marathon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

One of the best parts of Halloween is movie marathons compiled of scary films a funny classics. Here are our top five movies to create your ultimate Halloween movie marathon!

Hocus Pocus

Kick off the marathon right this season with a classic Halloween movie. Hocus Pocus has it all: witches, walking dead, magic, ghosts, a little musical number, and a talking cat. If you’re not into extremely spooky films, or just want to have a fun night with some girl friends, Hocus Pocus is definitely the right choice for you.

Halloween Series Movies

If you’re in the mood for an older classic horror film, Michael Myers can steer you in the right direction. There are too many Halloween movies to count; however, this leaves you with plenty of options to choose from. It is recommended to start with the original Halloween film from 1978, then work your way through the psychotic mind of a childhood murderer.

The Nightmare Before Christmas

There may be two holidays represented in this movie, and Tim Burton sure did bring the creepy to Christmas, but there is no denying this film is a holiday classic. The Pumpkin King of Halloweentown, Jack Skellington, is beloved by all; however, he comes off as insane when he decides to take over Christmas. This movie has a creepy Halloween vibe, but is fun in general for all to watch and enjoy with a PG rating.

The Blair Witch Project

A movie that is filmed from a home video perspective, The Blair Witch Project is not one to miss out on especially if you are into spooky movies. The legend of the Blair Witch draws three film students to the location where she was suspected to have been haunting in a forest. They disappear with only their footage left behind for everyone to watch. A bonus about this movie is that it is streaming on Netflix, so you won’t have to look far to find the Blair With Project and add it to the marathon collection.

It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

If you want to avoid the spooks and chills while still getting into the holiday season, this movie is the perfect fit. The Peanuts gang brings the spirit of Halloween with this classic film and what’s not to love about the movies we all enjoyed as children.  In this Charlie Brown movie, Linus stubbornly waits for the Great Pumpkin the rest of the gang goes trick-or-treating along with many other fun-loving scenes. It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown is a classic tradition during the Halloween season and is not one to miss on your Halloween movie marathon.