This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Budgets can be limiting, especially when it comes to treating yourself. Keep reading to find out about five brands that help you feel like your best self while keeping your budget afloat!

Bliss

Target carries a few great CF brands but in my opinion, Bliss is the best. The products are affordable, cute, and they offer products for all skin types. My Bliss favorites include their Mint Chip Mania mask ($15 USD). It is very hydrating but also helps control sebum and soothe the skin. I love using this product in the shower, which allows the product to deeply hydrate the skin thanks to the steam! They are PETA certified but they do not sell in Mainland China nor are they owned by a parent company that tests on animals. AKA they’ve passed my test!

The Ordinary

Deciem’s most budget-friendly brand, The Ordinary, delivers concentrated and cruelty-free products for everyone. The products are simple, clean, and effective. If you’ve heard the buzz about hyaluronic acid and you’re looking to try it out, The Ordinary carries an HA + B5 serum for only $6.80 USD! This is a great starting point to help revive dehydrated skin. The Ordinary is not certified by any third party organizations but Deciem does not test on animals nor do they sell in any country where testing is required by law, another A+ on my list!

Acure

Acure is another brand you can find at Target, they have a wide range of products so it is likely that they offer something you’d be interested in. My favorite from the line is their Brightening Super Greens Serum ($18.99) which I found at Marshall’s for around ten dollars – a steal! It is a fast-acting acne fighter which surprised me but it is very much appreciated. This was recommended to me by a close friend who experienced the same results! Acure is certified by PETA AND Leaping Bunny! This is great to see because they have acknowledged that PETA is not the end-all-be-all of certifications. See my last article to learn why they are not the most trustworthy!

Fourth Ray Beauty

Colourpop’s skincare sister-brand is living up to the hype! Creating adorable, cruelty-free, and inexpensive products to coincide with Colourpop’s iconic affordable makeup. I’ve been loving their After Hours Detox Face oil ($10 USD) to combat acne and redness. It includes the staple acne-fighting ingredient salicylic acid as well as tea tree oil and turmeric – a powerful trio! Fourth Ray Beauty is not formally certified either but they check all the boxes I mentioned previously.

Derma-E

Whole Foods, Ulta, Sprouts, and Target carry Derma-E. They have amazing clean ingredients and products that target specific skin concerns. For example, they break their products into collections that address things like acne, dark spots, and aging. I enjoy all of the products from their acne line but I think the Acne Deep Pore Cleansing Wash ($15.50 USD) is one of the best. It has 2% salicylic acid so make sure you massage it into the skin for at least one minute to ensure you reap all the benefits before rinsing.

Do you want to treat yourself and find something on the luxury side of cruelty-free beauty? Tell me what CF brands you love or if you’ve tried any of the ones I’ve mentioned! Find out more or connect with me on my beauty and wellness-focused Instagram

Hi! I am a Communications and Spanish major at UNCW! I am obsessed with cruelty-free skincare and beauty and I love a good latte!