This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

There is nothing more satisfying than finding just the right song to add to your perfect playlist. We all listen and create a variety of playlists, whether it be for studying, partying, relaxing, a day at the beach or traveling. I personally take my music listening and playlist curating experiences very seriously and it only seems fair that I bestow some of my wisdom to you.

Here are 10 songs you need to add to perfect any playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/18GLasho2YlJ8Q3OkvSHL9 

“Fashion” – The Royal Concept

Every time I hear this song I want to drop everything and dance. No matter, if you are going on a road trip or need a little pick me up this dance jam, will surely do the trick.  

“Suker” – Jonas Brothers

You cannot call yourself a music fan if at least one Jonas Brothers song does not make your playlist. The newest and hottest single from the Jonas Brothers is a hit and if you do not agree you are only lying to yourself.

“Futile Devices (Doveman Remix)” – Sufjan Stevens

Try not to completely sob when listening to this absolutely beautiful love song. You might recognize it from the even more beautiful romance movie “Call Me By Your Name” with Armie Hamer and Timothee Chalamet.

“Svefn-g-englar” – Sigur Rós

This is one of the most beautiful and entrancing songs I have ever heard. It may be a 10-minute song but you will still have it on replay all day and night. I find it is a perfect concentration or relaxation song.

“Ralphie”  – Post Animal

If you listen to the likes of Tame Impala then this Chicago based band and their wickedly good song “Ralphie” is for you. This is a great rock song plain and simple. You might also recognize the voice and guitar playing of Joe Keery aka honkey Steve Harrington from Netflix’s “Stranger Things” — a bonus I know.

“Get Lonely with Me” – George Ezra

If you are a fan of George Ezra’s soulful and deep voice then this early hit from him is a must listen. This catchy tune only further highlights Ezra’s musical talents and in opinion truly showcases his deep and dreamy voice. This song is the perfect tune for any road trip playlist.

“You’re the One That I Want” – Lo-Fang

This eerie yet beautiful version of the “Grease” song is by far one of the best covers of the musical and movie hit I have ever heard.

“Harrow” – Breakdown Brass

This jazzy jam will allow you to get and down and dirty with your funky dance self because you cannot help but move your body. This song is the perfect addition to any dance party or feel-good playlist.

“Something” – The Beatles

This love song written by guitarist George Harrison is a work of art. It is by far my favorite Beatles song and so, of course, it only deserves a spot on any real Beatles fan’s playlist.  

“Why Did It Have To Be Me?” – Josh Dylan, Lily James, Hugh Skinner (cast of “Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again”)

No playlist is complete without a bop from “Mamma Mia!” This Young Bill and Young Donna duet from the Broadway hit musical turned movie sequel is one of my favorites. It is also impossible not to sing along with — I mean it is ABBA magic for goodness sake.

[Header image and album covers courtesy of Spotify.com.]

Veronica is a senior majoring in Communication Studies and minoring in Journalism. After college Veronica hopes to write for a newspaper or magazine like The New York Times or Boston Globe. Outside of writing, Veronica enjoys riding her bike, hammocking, reading, volunteering, and cheering on the Cubs.