10 Movies To Watch on a Girls Night In

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCW chapter.

Every once in a while you and your girlfriends need a break from going out and everything that is going on around you. You need a Girls Night In to relax and enjoy each other’s company. Here are a list of some movie classics that will bring you back to your childhood!

1. Forrest Gump

Forrest Gump and Jenny’s love affair is always one of my favorite go to movies. It never fails to bring a tear to my eye and is a good laugh.

2. Freaky Friday

This movie never gets old as many times as I watch it. It’s perfect for a girl’s night with a nice bowl of popcorn.

3. 27 Dresses

I could never imagine going to 27 weddings, let alone being a bridesmaid in each and every one. You can never go wrong with a romantic comedy on a Saturday night!

4. Mama Mia

I can hear the soundtrack playing now as all my friends dance around the room pretending they’re in Greece. 

5. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

Everyone loves the story of the magical pants that just so happened to the friend group of four very different girls and the journey it takes them on.

6. The Holiday

Every time I watch this movie I fall in love with Jude Law all over again. This is a perfect movie especially with the holidays coming up!

7. The Parent Trap

For the longest time I actually believed Lindsay Lohan had a twin sister because of this movie. None the less, the Parent Trap is one of my favorite movies to this day.

8. Elf

If this movie doesn’t get you in the holiday spirit, I don’t know what will. Buddy the elf is one of the most entertaining characters and makes for a great movie during a girl’s night in.

9. The Lion King

This movie classcic always brings me back to my childhood for sure!

10. The Devil Wears Prada

Every time I watch this movie I dream about what it would be like to live in New York and be rich enough to own clothes from places other than Forever21. This movie is especially perfect for a relaxing weekend night.

photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, & 10

Sophomore at the University of North Carolina Wilmington, Business and Marketing Major with a Psychology Minor