This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

I use to think that wearing wigs was this taboo way of dressing for those who are old or those who are bald but I was completely wrong. For the past two years I have been wearing wigs on and off. I mostly wear them in the winter because it’s usually too hot for them in the summer. We change our clothes everyday, so why not change your hair as well? As a person who wears wigs I would like to say how much I enjoy wearing them. Here are some reasons why you should consider wearing a wig:

1. Wigs are beneficial and convenient. Wigs allow your hair to take a break from harsh chemicals and dyes. You braid your hair up and throw on your wig. This allows for plenty of hair growth.

2. Wigs save you time during your morning routine. You can spend that extra time sleeping a little longer or eating breakfast.

3. Wigs are versatile! I can try different colors, lengths and styles when I buy a new wig. Wigs allow you to try a new style without damaging your natural hair.

4. You’re able to enjoy a new and refreshing look whenever you want. Wigs generally have a fair price and last a long time as long as you take care of them.

5. You can take it off at the end of the day and sleep comfortably!

My name is Morgan Collins, I am 21 years old and I am currently enrolled at The University of North Carolina at Greensboro as a Senior. I am a Media Studies Major and I am interested in photography as well.