For When You Need a Break from Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

Just thinking about finals stresses me out, but finals week is here so it’s time to get to work. Time to maintain those good grades and turn those bad grades into passing grades. But don’t work yourself too hard, it’s okay to take a break. If you need some time off and a little bit of energy, here are some healthy brain breaks for you:

Take a Walk – Sometimes some fresh air can do you a little good and take your mind off of the task at hand. Stretch your muscles and enjoy the warm weather.

Clean up – I find it hard to focus in a room that is not clean or organized. I’ll either change the location I’m studying in or I’ll clean it. Cleaning helps take your mind off of finals while still being productive!

Take a shower – Showers can usually wake someone up when they’re feeling a little tired. Take a quick shower to refresh your body and your mind.

Take a power nap – Naps should be your last resort, but as a college student who doesn’t love naps? In order for the nap to be effective, it should last no longer than 20 minutes so set your alarm. You don’t want to go to sleep and wake up the next day without getting any of your work done.

Studies have shown that taking breaks from studying every ninety minutes or so can improve your focus. It’s important to make healthy choices when you take breaks in order for your attention to improve. Once you choose the right type of intermission, it will improve your study routine so that you can return back to your work refreshed and ready to hit the books!

My name is Morgan Collins, I am 21 years old and I am currently enrolled at The University of North Carolina at Greensboro as a Senior. I am a Media Studies Major and I am interested in photography as well.
I am currently a student at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. I am double-majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resources and Women's and Gender Studies. I love my university and the diversity on campus is important to me.