UNCG’s 125th Anniversary and What You Need to Know to Get Involved

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

In case you’ve missed it, this year UNCG is “celebrating 125 years of opportunity and excellence!” Spartan Pride has been running wild so far this semester, and I don’t expect it will be letting up anytime soon.

First of all, if you haven’t watched the 125th anniversary video, you’re missing out. I promise, you will be so proud to be a Spartan that you will just have to share it! But this website is full of resources for all your 125th celebration needs. These include, a list of events, social media posts, shareable photos of UNCG today as well as in the past, and much more.

Regardless of whether you are brand new to campus or you are on your way out, this year is our year to really show how great UNCG is. So attend 125th anniversary celebrations, share your stories, go to sporting events, and spread the word that UNC Greensboro is the place to be this year and for years to come. And don’t forget to keep an eye out for HC @ UNCG articles about the history of our amazing university.

I am currently a student at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. I am double-majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resources and Women's and Gender Studies. I love my university and the diversity on campus is important to me.