This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

I already love movies with music and singing, in fact they are my favorite. Now add Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper and it’s sure to be a magical experience. A Star is Born has been done 3 other times and while I haven’t seen any of those, I am almost positive this one is definitely the best.

I had no idea what to expect when I walked into the theater, I just knew that I had heard the song “Shallow” and it was beautiful and I needed to see the movie. It definitely delivered; I walked out of the theater still sobbing and making a scene, but it was worth it.

I think I was most surprised by Bradley Cooper, because of course we all know Lady Gaga is amazing and so incredibly talented. With Bradley, however, I had no idea what a nice voice he had – it was deep and majestic. Also, fun fact: he helped write some of the music and directed the film, and we all love a well-rounded man.

We also just need to take a moment to talk about all of the wonderful songs in this movie; the soundtrack is everything and I will link it down below so you guys can feel all of the emotions, too. Another really great thing about this movie was the supporting cast. Ally’s best friend Ramon played by Anthony Ramos, was always around when she needed him, and the drag queens also deserve to be mentioned because they killed it.

I need you all to go see this movie because it’s just so wonderful and deserves to be seen. It’s a beautiful and tragic story of the music industry, falling in love and trying to figure out the hard things in life.

Hi i'm Maggie and I am a sophomore studying human development and family studies. a few things about moi is I really love cows, they're majestic, i am a vegetarian, and I like singing really badly all the time.