This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

Spring Break.. at the beginning of March? Unless you’re going to southern Florida, the beach is not a warm option. And the mountains are gorgeous, but who wants to sit in a tent when we just ended February? Nope. I like the outdoors, but I like being warm a lot more.

My recommendation this Spring Break? Yurts (Giant, teepee-looking things). Cabins have been around forever, but our generation is all about the trendier places to visit – and North Carolina, actually, is not a bad place to be for those.

1. The Yurt at Frog Pond Farm – $75/night, 30 mins. from Greensboro, and a. Hot. Tub!

2. Mountain Fiesta – $80/night and tons of good views around the mountains.

3. Namaste Yurt – A bit pricier at $130 (it’s Asheville, what can ya do), but suuuper cozy.

4. Sky Ridge Yurts – Only $99 during the spring and the best of modern glamping.

5. Falling Waters – $100 and at the base of the smokies, the views are incredible!

6. Just in case you still want the beach… the cottages on the outer banks have killer deals during the off season. Not a yurt, but cottages are adorable and cozy too, amirite?

If you split the price and carpool, it’s worth the trip. And the yurts are so cute – ditch any ideas of camping (or the beach- it’s way to early for anywhere nearby to be warmed up yet) and cozy up somewhere in the mountains!