This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

Name: Sophia Elkin

Year? First-year Sophomore

Major: Elementary Education

Why Elementary Education? I love children and school, and I love the feeling of learning something new. I would love to pass that on to others.

What do you love about UNCG? I love the nature of UNCG; everyone is so nice and friendly; and the campus itself is so green and beautiful.

What’s on your college bucket list? Dance at a frat party, make lifelong friends, and maybe meet a guy.

Have you crossed any of those off yet? Yeah, I’ve already gone to a party (no drinking) and danced the night away. And I’ve met my best friends and future roommate! They’ll definitely be my bridesmaids, if I find a guy!

What are you involved in at UNCG? I am involved in Grogan’s Hall Council and I’m VP of Marketing  for RHA (Residence Hall Association) which is under HRL (Housing and Residence Life).

What is RHA and HRL? RHA uses events and recognitions to help those who live on campus feel at home. The goal of both is to connect everyone who lives on campus.

How’d you get involved with RHA and HRL? I first joined Hall Council because my friend was doing it, and through that I became VP of Marketing

Any advice for other first years? Work hard, but play harder. Do your work, but don’t be afraid to reward yourself, whether is an episode of your favorite show, going out, having cake, whatever it is.

I'm an immigrant and I'm getting the job done.