pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career > Her20s

So You Don’t Know What to do After You Graduate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

Whether you’re a senior in college or just getting started as a freshman, the question of what to do after college is always haunting. Speaking as a senior, I am here to say that it’s okay if you have no idea what you are going to do after college. In fact, many people don’t – including me. However, I am confident in the fact that opportunities will present themselves and I will be able to get somewhere eventually.

It’s important to know that these things take time and that even if something doesn’t seem to be presenting itself immediately, or in the time frame we desire, it’s okay. Don’t think that being in this limbo period makes you any less of a person or any less valuable than the person who gets an internship before they are even handed their diploma.

Another piece of advice I would give to someone who is staring graduation and no prospects in the face is to find happiness where you are at. Work that minimum wage job (I do), go on cheap adventures with friends, and keep putting yourself in the job market.  Also, try to come up with a one or two sentence answer for when your parents ask what your plans are, in order to reassure them enough that their child isn’t going to end up homeless on the street. If you’re a freshman or sophomore, stop worrying about it and enjoy the time you are in college because it will fly by! To my fellow seniors… We’ll be okay!

a writer and editor for the UNCG chapter of Her Campus.