etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Remembering to Take Care of Yourself

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

As we all adjust back to college life (dorms, new classes, work, etc.) it is easy to get caught up in all the stress that comes with change and forget to take care of ourselves. However, for our physical and mental health, practicing self care is extremely important.

Below are a few activities I highly recommend to relieve stress and ensure you are taking care of yourself during these times of high-stress.

1. Indulge a little: Treat yourself to a dessert at dinner, do a face mask, get a massage, buy an item that’s been on your wishlist. Whatever makes you happy! Indulging a little can help remind you that life isn’t all stress and you can take a moment every once in awhile to treat yourself.

2. Work out: Go for a walk around the block, do some yoga, or go for a run. Do something to get moving! This can relieve stress and get your mind off of all of the tasks on your to do list (at least for a little awhile).

3. Read a book, magazine, news article, journal etc. that is not related to class: Delve into a good story and forget about your worries. Learn more about a topic that interests you or catch up on the latest news. These are great ways to continue to feel productive while taking a break.

4. Make Plans with Friends or Family: When stress levels start to rise, often the first thing to go is your social life. However, having a good balance between work and a social life is important. When you start to notice work taking up all of your time, try to carve out some time to do something social, even if it’s just grabbing a quick coffee between classes.

Hannah Trudeau is a co-correspondent for Her Campus at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. She is an International Business and Information Systems/ Supply Chain Management double major and is minoring in French. She would love to travel the world one day for work as she loves to learn about different countries and cultures. In her free time, Hannah enjoys reading and catching up with friends.